Early morning is the most important time to eat protein and fat. My favourite food for breakfast is eggs. Eggs are natures perfect food; easy to prepare, a first-class protein, and delicious. I normally have three fried eggs every morning, sometimes with vegetables on the side. But, if you would like more variety, there are many interesting things you can do with eggs.
A good breakfast makes a huge difference to your day, and will help you avoid those blood sugar lows that tempt you to reach for a sugary, mid-morning snack.
For a wonderful side dish in the morning, I love to sauté mushrooms and spinach in butter, and then drizzle with tamari.
Here is one of my favourites when I want something different:
2 or 3 tbsp mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the yolks in the centre.
- Remove the eggs from the heat, discard the hot water, and replace with cold (room-temperature) water.
- Peel immediately.
- Slice in half, and remove all yolks.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix into a smooth paste.
- Add the yolk mixture back into the eggs, and garnish.
Note: This recipe is from the Fat Revolution Cookbook, which is a LCHF (low carb, high fat) cookbook, perfect for families and for those who don’t need to be super low in carbs. If you would like to be strict keto (no root vegetables, fruit, nuts), use the Easy Keto Cookbook.