It doesn’t have to be difficult to cook something healthy and delicious. When I am at home for lunch, I throw together a stir fry and use egg or leftover meat. It tastes so much better than food you can buy at food stalls. It literally takes 5 minutes to chop the veges, and 5 minutes to cook.
2 cups of mixed vegetables, chopped
¼ cup chicken stock or filtered water
2 tbsp tamari
Eggs, lightly beaten (2 per person)
Melt 1 tbsp of the butter in a wok or frying pan.
- Add vegetables, and toss for approximately one minute.
- Add stock, and cover for approximately 4 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked al dente (cooked, but not soft and overdone).
- Remove from heat, and add 1 tbsp of the tamari.
- Melt the other tbsp of butter in a separate frying pan, add the eggs, and cook until the egg is solid. It is easiest to cook the bottom of the egg in the frying pan, and then put the pan under the grill for a few minutes to finish cooking the top.
- Cut the eggs into strips, and drizzle with the remaining tamari.
- Add the eggs to the vegetables and serve.