Are you stuck for what to make for dinner you don’t have much in the house? If you have eggs, onions and potatoes or sweet potatoes, then this is a great quick dinner that is also tasty.
8 eggs, lightly beaten
2 small potatoes or sweet potatoes, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 tbsp butter
- Melt a tbsp of the butter in a skillet, and sauté the onions.
- Add the onions to the eggs, mix, and set aside.
- Melt a tbsp of butter in the skillet, cover the bottom of the pan with half the potato slices, and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn the potato over, and cook for another 5 minutes (or until soft).
- Add half the egg mixture, gently spreading it over the potato (try to leave the slices sticking to the bottom of the pan).
- Cook until the egg on the edge of the pan has cooked a little.
- Place under the grill on medium heat until the top of the omelette is cooked.
- Cook a second omelette with the remaining potato and egg mixture.
- Use a spatula to loosen the omelette from the pan, flip in half, cut into slices, and serve.
Note: This recipe is from the Fat Revolution Cookbook, which is a LCHF (low carb, high fat) cookbook, perfect for families and for those who don’t need to be super low in carbs. If you would like to be strict keto (no root vegetables, fruit, nuts), use the Easy Keto Cookbook.